What is an Incident that Changed Your Life ?

 A statement from an Amazon delivery boy changed my perspective.

Message flashed about the delivery of my package and I waited eagerly for the doorbell to ring.


Anil(delivery boy) called me and estimated the arrival time. After a while I heard the doorbell and dashed towards the door where Anil handed me the package and I paid.

Now comes the interesting part.

The amount was 3699 ₹ to which I gave him 3700 ₹. He counted it twice and nodded as a gesture of approval.

I was about to go inside when he interrupted me and said -

Sir, aap apne chutte bhul gae.

(Sir, you forgot your change.)

I was surprised because -

It was only 1 rupee.
No delivery boy has ever given me the change back (until and unless its above threshold) as they tend to keep it.
I smiled and said -

Bhaiya, aap rakh lijiye.

(Brother, you keep it.)

I'm quoting verbatim what Anil said -

Sir 1 ₹ h to kya hua, kisi ne iske liye mehnat to ki h na. Aap kisi aise ko de dena jisko iski zarurat ho.

(Sir, so what if it's just a penny, someone has worked hard for it. Give it to someone who is in need.)

I was astounded after listening that. All I could do was hug him as he refused my offer for water.

People like Anil work so damn hard just for 15,000 ₹ (maximum) delivering more than 60 packages a day with very less incentives.

Taking an average of 50 packages a day with an estimation of 2 ₹ as a tip, they could get 100 ₹ as a tip for the day.

After a week or two I saw him delivering few packages in my campus. We talked and he told me he got a raise as he was most consistent in his work compared to others.


What he taught me?
  • Value of one rupee.

What I learned from him ?
  • Importance of hard work.
  • Being independent and satisfied.
  • After this incident, I always count the change.
  • Proudly ask for change even if it's just a rupee, because my parents worked hard for it.
  • Be true to yourself and God will always help you.

#incident
#Changed
#Your
#Life
#Amazon-delivery-boy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Most Strangest Guinness Records? | Strangest World Records